Contact Overlap Management
When you upload a contact list to a new campaign, Spoke automatically detects overlapping contacts with previous campaigns. Contact Overlap Management allows you to review and delete these overlapping contacts so that you can avoid interrupting existing conversations and not over-text your contacts. Typically, it's best to delete overlapping contacts from recent campaigns.
For each previous campaign listed in the Contact Overlap Management window, you'll see:
- Overlap Count: the number of overlapping contacts between the previous campaign and new campaign
- ID: the ID number of the previous campaign
- Last Message: the last time at least one overlapping contact was messaged
- Title: the name of the previous campaign
To identify and delete overlapping contacts:
- Select the Contact Overlap Management window within the campaigns settings page.
- Review the campaigns that have overlapping contacts with the new campaign.
- Click the checkboxes that correspond to the rows of overlapping contacts you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Selected.
Note: Different campaigns may text contacts from the same number, which means that from the contact's perspective, the two conversation will be taking place in the same text thread. This can be confusing and undermine the efficacy of both campaigns, which is why it's a very good idea to delete overlapping contacts from recent campaigns.